It’s been a great year!
First, please note that I am not 100% healed in my under eye area, but it’s very close to that. Barring that my “after” photo is accurate.
Taken in the car in May 2017, I was out in the sun quite a bit that week so you see the tan on my skin and just a hint of sunburn on my nose and cheeks. I am wearing lip gloss and that’s it.
I had much more signs of aging around the eye area, and the cheeks as well. Lines in the cheeks, in case anyone isn’t aware of it, are primarily caused by sagging skin or “hollows” in that area.
You can also see the hollows under my eyes in this shot.
Also taken in my car, this photo is from December 2017. The 20th to be exact.
My skin is much lighter for two reasons 1) I did a VI Peel in October that lightens any discolorations and hyperpigmation is reduced. That did happen for me. 2) I am, for the first time in my life, using at least an SPF 15 every single day regardless of whether I’ll be in the sun or not.
There is a reduction in lines around my eyes, my upper lids are firmer (the VI Peel helps there) and my cheeks are fuller, making the lines in the cheeks much less pronounced.
I did use Botox in June and again in September, but not since then so if my crows’ feet are less noticeable it’s not that, it’s my SPF at work and my skin treatments as well.
What I’ve used
- Starting on June 2nd, I first started out Botox. 10 units per eye. I did this again the first week of September. But not since.
- In July I used Voluma in my cheeks. 1 syringe total. So 1/2 syringe per cheek.
- Also in July I had lash extensions added. I’m very happy with them and never use mascara.
- In August I had permanent brow makeup added. I like it, but want a lighter color in the future.
- In September I used Volbella under the eye and a very small amount to the right side of my upper lip to even out a natural lopsidedness I have. Vollure was added to the cheeks. One syringe of each product was used.
- In October I had a VI Peel which was very beneficial.
- In November I had micro-needling that left me a lumpy mess. I did not know it until December 24th, but the Growth Factor product used, Biopelle Tensage 40, was causing an allergic reaction. For that reason, I’d never do this again.
- In December I had Vollure injected under the eye area, as I did still have tired-looking hollows, and a bit in the cheeks. Most of the single syringe I used was placed under the eye.
I do like the way I look now, and am happy with the condition of my skin, except for the awful reaction I had to the micro-needling and the product used my bruising and swelling was minimal. Look at the videos on my FBTV channel to see what I mean.
As of today, December 29, 2017, I have just a small amount of redness leftover from when I last applied the Biopelle Tensage 50 (purchased as a kit from the medispa I go to) which was on December 23rd.
My plans from here
To maintain the health and appearance of my skin I plan to use an SPF every day of my life forever.
I’m beginning to use Retinol (by ROC) this week, and will continue for one month and evaluate my results then.
Next, I have already purchased Retin-A online, and I will use my Retinol results as a way to determine when to start that and how much to use, etc.
I will continue to do VI Peels a few times or so per year. I’ll keep everyone posted about it and update you as to my progress.
My injectables will continue, although I do not know how many times I’ll need them in the future if my Retin-A does as well as the product says it can.
I had been using a NuFace facial trainer device for 18 months prior to June of this year, but stopped as I did not know how that would work out with using injectables and getting deeper facial treatments. I plan to add that back into my routine in February 2018.
My YouTube channel